A company that is looking for help with their shiftwork operation is looking for expertise. The type of expertise that cannot be gained from simply reading a book or attending a seminar. They are looking for the type of expertise that comes from experience. These companies want someone that has successfully been through this before.
At Shiftwork Solutions, all of our project managers have at least 10 years of experience. No other firm can put that much experience into each and every job they do. This means that the person managing your project has worked with hundreds of companies over the years. Your project manager will bring the full value of this experience to your site.
Past clients often comment on how knowledgeable our consultants are. They frequently say that the experience of the consultant was the single biggest contributor to the success of their project. The right experience can help a project avoid fatal missteps. The right experience tells you what the opportunities are. The right experience tells you what policies should be in place. The right experience tells you how to work with hourly employees and how to understand what it is they are telling you.
The right experience allows the final solution to be one which meets both the needs of the business as well as the needs of the workforce. Our experience includes (but is not limited to) the following:
1. A broad range of industry experience
- Power generation (conventional and nuclear) and distribution
- Food production
- Chemical and pharmaceutical
- Call centers
- Medical facilities (hospitals and retirement homes)
- Law enforcement
2. We have worked with union facilities and non-union facilities.
3. About 60% of our projects are with companies going from 5 to 7 days of coverage a week (for a variety of reasons):
- Increase capital utilization
- Defer capital acquisition
- Reduce cycle time
- Improve customer responsiveness
- Reduce overtime
4. We have worked with companies that have only one department and fewer than 50 employees.
5. We have worked with companies that have dozens of inter-related departments and thousands of employees.
6. We have worked in North and South America, Australia, Europe and Africa.
7. We have worked with companies where the driving force for change came from the workforce.
8. We have helped companies consolidate facilities as well as with companies expanding to new Greenfield locations.
9. We have designed and implemented schedules for companies with highly variable workloads.
10. We have worked with nearly every conceivable demographic group of shiftworkers.
With every project, our knowledge base grows a little larger. We hope to never stop learning to do our jobs better. It is this attitude that has given our consultants the richest background in the shift work consulting business. This is what we bring to the table that no one else can duplicate.