At Shiftwork Solutions, we understand that itâ€™s human nature to be appreciative of good things when they happen. We also know that when something goes wrong, you will have to live with that mistake for a long, long time.
A â€śshift changeâ€ť project can be like walking on a tightrope. There is a path across the chasm but there are also plenty of opportunities to fall off the rope. So many things can go wrong that it is not practical to list them all here. Your site will have its own unique issues that must be handled with care.
- Here are a few of the things that we have seen others do that got them into trouble:
- Donâ€™t tell the workforce what is going on.
- Donâ€™t get the workforce involved.
- Donâ€™t have a solid business case.
- Donâ€™t assume that you know what people want.
- Take something away in the process (money, choice, time off etc.)
- Donâ€™t collect input from those affected.
- Donâ€™t feedback survey results (if you use surveys)
- Donâ€™t clearly explain options tot he workforce.
- Donâ€™t have your policies ready to go in time for people to make choices.
- Donâ€™t have a game plan to get you from point A to point B.
- Donâ€™t give people a chance to prepare for the change once they know what it is.
Many of these are very obvious, yet still common mistakes. There are many more, equally risky, mistakes that are less obvious. Call us today at (415) 858-8585 and we can help you identify the pitfalls that you may face in your specific situation.